About Me

My photo
Kayanga, Kavango Region, Namibia
My blog about being a Peace Corps Volunteer in Namibia Disclaimer: The views here do not reflect the Peace Corps or United States Government rather the views expressed are one person's journey through their Peace Corps experience in Namibia

12/11/2011

Merry Christmas from Namibia

This is my last post before the holidays, as I will be without internet and leaving SO soon for my big December holiday to Zanzibar, Tanzania. Even though the trip will probably be once in a lifetime; hitch hiking across southern Africa with great friends I have made here and a 48 hour train ride (one way) makes getting there an adventure in itself...there are still so many things I will miss at home in Rhode Island. Merry Early Christmas to everyone at home!

last year's Christmas dinner

last years Christmas, waiting 2 days before xmas to get the tree, in the pouring rain

strategically photographing dad because he didnt want his bum leg in a cast to show

inseparable VanHerwarde Girls
Little glimpse at the trip I will be taking. The train goes so slowly that you can buy fruit out of the windows!

2 comments:

  1. Enjoy your holiday- have fun and be safe!! we'll miss you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. you were with us in spirit......

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.